The EFMC Young Medicinal Chemists' Symposium is an initiative of the European Federation for Medicinal Chemistry (EFMC). After a successful first edition organised in Lisbon in September 2014, three further meetings have been organised in Antwerp (2015), Manchester (2016) and Vienna (2017). The 5th edition will be organised in connection with the XXV EFMC International Symposium on Medicinal Chemistry (EFMC-ISMC 2018), and will take place in Ljubljana on September 6-7, 2018.
This short symposium has the aim of:
- creating a network of young European investigators in Medicinal Chemistry
- stimulating young European investigators in Medicinal Chemistry to share their scientific work with peers and inspiring leaders in the field
- creating competition and excellence in Medicinal Chemistry within Europe by selecting the European Champion in Medicinal Chemistry
The Programme of the 5th EFMC Young Medicinal Chemists' Symposium will include:
- keynote lectures given by inspiring leaders in the field
- oral communications by invited prize winners from national young medicinal chemist meetings in Europe
- oral communications selected from submitted abstracts
- flash poster presentations selected from submitted abstracts
- a poster session open to any young researcher submitting an abstract
- EFMC-YMCS Presentation Prize
- EFMC-YMCS Poster Prize
- EFMC-YMCS Public's Choice Prize
The EFMC Young Medicinal Chemists' Symposium is open to any scientist interested by the topics related to Medicinal Chemistry.