The EFMC Young Medicinal Chemists' Symposium is an initiative of the European Federation for Medicinal Chemistry (EFMC). After a succesful first edition organised in Lisbon in September 2014 and a second edition organised in Antwerp in September 2015, the third edition will be organised in connection with XXIV EFMC International Symposium on Medicinal Chemistry (EFMC-ISMC 2016), and will take place at the Manchester Institute of Biotechnology (University of Manchester) on September 1-2, 2016.
This short symposium has the aim of:
- Creating a network of young European investigators in Medicinal Chemistry
- Stimulating young European investigators in Medicinal Chemistry to share their scientific work with peers and inspiring leaders in the field
- Creating competition and excellence in Medicinal Chemistry within Europe by selecting the European Champion in Medicinal Chemistry
The Programme of the 3rd EFMC Young Medicinal Chemists' Symposium will include:
- keynote lectures given by David Rees (Astex Pharmaceutical, UK) and Anthony Wood (Pfizer, US)
- 14 oral communications by invited prize winners from national young medicinal chemist meetings in Europe
- 4 oral communications selected from submitted abstracts
- 20 flash poster presentations selected from submitted abstracts
- A poster session open to any young researcher submitting an abstract
- EFMC-YMCS Presentation Prize sponsored by EFMC & Actelion
- EFMC-YMCS Poster Prize sponsored by Sir Simon Campbell and RSC/MedChemCom
- EFMC-YMCS Public's Choice Prize sponsored by Roche
The EFMC Young Medicinal Chemists' Symposium is open to any scientist interested by the topics related to Medicinal Chemistry.