The EFMC Young Medicinal Chemists' Symposium is an initiative of the European Federation for Medicinal Chemistry (EFMC). After the first edition organised in Lisbon in September 2014, which gathered 120 participants from 25 nations, the second edition will be organised in connection with Frontiers in Medicinal Chemistry 2015, and will take place in Antwerp (Belgium) on September 17.
This one-Day Symposium has the aim of:
- Creating a network of young European investigators in Medicinal Chemistry
- Stimulating young European investigators in Medicinal Chemistry to share their scientific work with peers and inspiring leaders in the field
- Creating competition and excellence in Medicinal Chemistry within Europe by selecting the European Champion in Medicinal Chemistry
The Programme of the 2nd EFMC Young Medicinal Chemists' Symposium will include:
- an opening lecture given by Prof. Chas Bountra (University of Oxford, United Kingdom)
- 11 oral communications by invited prize winners from national young medicinal chemist meetings in Europe
- 3 oral communications selected from submitted abstracts
- 20 flash poster presentations selected from submitted abstracts
- A poster session open to any young researcher submitting an abstract
o EFMC-YMCS Presentation Prize sponsored by EFMC & Actelion
o EFMC-YMCS Poster Prize sponsored by MedChemCom
o EFMC-YMCS Public's Choice Prize sponsored by Roche
The EFMC Young Medicinal Chemists' Symposium is open to any scientist interested by the topics related to Medicinal Chemistry.