All EFMC-YMCS participants are invited to participate to the EFMC-YSN (Young Scientists Network) Soft-Skills Training Sessions:
- Thursday September 7, 2023
- Reaxys Workshop: A Tandem Tour to Unveil the Profile of an Active Molecule
Dr Giulia Moncelsi, Elsevier Life Sciences Consultant, NL
Which and how many tools are needed to discover all the relevant and actionable data of an active molecule? In this workshop, we will embark on a journey to assess this question using different web-based tools for Life Sciences:
- Reaxys excerpts chemical information from over 16,000 chemistry-related periodicals and contains 44 M bioactivity data points. In Reaxys, we will check the structure of the active molecule of interest, its chemical and bioactivity properties, how it can be synthesized, and which biological targets it impacts the most.
- Moving on to Embase, the world’s largest database of biomedical research and facts, we will assess its (pre)clinical use and any toxicity or adverse effects related to clinical studies using the PICO search and study type-related filters.
- Finally, using Embiology, we will leverage biological relationships for a better and deeper understanding of biological processes in which the active molecule is involved and what kind of interaction it has on different entities, for example diseases, cells, or proteins.
- Friday September 8, 2023
- Career Panel Discussion
Dr Kristina Goncharenko, Zifo RND Solutions, CH (Moderator)
Dr Chiara Borsari, University of Milan, IT
Dr Sanja Kostrun, Selvita LTD., HR
Mr Patrik Nikolic, Optibrium, UK
Dr David Peralta, ChemMedChem/Chemistry Europe, DE
Dr Minh Thao Tran, Janssen Pharmaceutica, BE
This engaging and informative session will provide the opportunity for participants to exchange insights and experiences with experienced researchers from both Academia and Industry. The panelists will share their inspiring journeys, shedding light on the diverse opportunities and challenges they encountered along the way.
Aspiring chemists, young researchers, and anyone curious about career prospects in Medicinal Chemistry will benefit greatly from this interactive panel. The event aims to inspire, inform, and foster connections among attendees, creating a supportive community for future leaders in the field.
About the EFMC-YSN
The aim of the EFMC-YSN is to inspire
and provide opportunities
to medicinal chemists and chemical biologists in their Early Career. Membership is free of charge and open to all.
for more information on our activities!